These numbers in the tweet above are actually from October 2022, so there is a very likely chance that they've even increased since then. In fact, one indicator to support that theory is the Consumer Price Index rose to 10.5% in September 2022, from 10.3% in August. Here are a few other numbers I dug up to keep you informed.
- The American Farm Bureau Federation says the average cost of a Thanksgiving dinner is up 20% compared to last year
- Domestic flights booked in early November for the week of Thanksgiving averaged 48% higher than in 2021.
- Thanksgiving hotels cost 14% more than last year if a room was booked in early November.
- Rental car prices for Thanksgiving increased 62% from 2019 if it was booked in early November.
- A regular gallon cost $3.64 on average Tuesday — up about 24 cents compared to 2021.
Even more laughable, the USDA is trying to place the cost increase blame on "Russia's ongoing war in Ukraine."
Were “Economists at both the Federal Reserve and the White House were blindsided,” as a writer for the Wall Street Journal suggested? Or are these mainstream economists simply useful idiots for the Federal Reserve and the banking establishment that understand the consequences attached to their endless printing, but benefit them and their institutions in a multitude of ways, that by default, skyrocket prices, damage the economy, and destroy consumer savings?
Support My Work
Follow Me On: